Wednesday 20 April 2011

Phew what a scorcher!

I don't care how many Swallows make a summer that was a HOT weekend. While I get my crap together to write up some sightings here's a few snaps of some common residents acting all summery and territorial.

First up a Long-tailed Tit. This one was not at a regular site but clearly being territorial. And the best photo I've managed of these hyperactive beauties.




I have discovered Chaffinches can hear my camera bleep - well, normally they to fly away when I switch it on!



Day flying Barn Owl - this is a particularly pale one, presumably a male, and has been seen in the same area through the winter so he's either super hardy or lucky enough to find a regular supply of food through the ultra freeze.



Hedge Sparrow or Dunnock. This one was singing furiously all weekend in the hedgerow opposite the house.



Finally, a male Blackbird at Harpham. They seem to have suffered in the winter but that could change by autumn if the summer plays ball.



No comments: