Tuesday 1 December 2009

Dead or Alive

Views of Roe Deer are sometimes close and sometimes prolonged but rarely both at the same time. This one had appeared in view as we crossed a ridge and no sooner had I got the camera ready than it had popped through the hedge and gone. Actually there were two together but the first had moved before I was ready.



One of the local Sparrowhawks has been busy!



I don't know the first thing about mushrooms but - what a beauty!



Everyone's favourite garden bird, shame about the quality of the photo.



Opportunity knocks - not the easiest bird to photo without the benefit of a hide. This fine adult was in the beck just above Lowthorpe Bridge when we got to it. Just allowed enough time to get a few snaps before getting spooked. A Kingfisher also zipped past but I completely missed that.






1 comment:

Michael Flowers said...

Hi Bob,
I think the fungi looks like Shaggy Pholiota (Pholiota squarrosa)